Tuesday, March 29, 2011

First Post

I am starting this blog as a way for others who have a child with Autism or anything similar to know they are not alone and maybe my crazy life can help them, bring them a smile on a hard day or anything to help them through. I am just a mom,I am not a writer, a special needs teacher or anything that would qualify me to be an expert in anything. I am a mom of a son who is 5 with Autism, Twins with learning delays and 2 teen sons. Yes that is 5 children and it is a crazy life with tears, anger, joy and everything that goes along with it. It will be the truth as I see it and live it every day this I can promise. I am hoping it will be helpful to some and mostly to me as an outlet to help me as well. I hope you enjoy reading it.

William Had a Good Day

Monday, after a weekend of dealing with 3 children who had a tummy bug all weekend long I was so ready for everyone to go back to school and enjoy a Monday in the house all alone but its funny sometimes things just don't go that smoothly.

As I got William ready for school so he could catch his bus at 8 That would bring him to his special school where he would receive his services, play with his friends, and learn I could see he was a little off. William has Autism and he had a 3 day weekend due to a Superintendent's conference on Friday and he was fighting going back to school. I kissed him , and hugged him , and told him how much I loved him to no advail when we made the short walk out to the bus at 8 am he was crying with big fat tear drops dripping down his cheeks. I went onto the bus with him and watched as they buckled him into his seat and my heart broke in two as I assured him he was going to have fun and as I walked away and waved his anger at being left on the bus without me showed. He banged on the window and yelled and I turned to walk inside my house with tears rolling down my own cheeks at this point.

I got the twins ready for school they are 3 1/2 and were happy and ready to go as they missed their school and friends. The twins are learning and speech delayed and are behind where they are suppose to be at their age. The twins are Amanda and Dylan , Amanda who chats all the time and Dylan who is quite and a bit shy but still friendly.

Then I woke my eldest up for his morning college class and found to my surprise he was already awake and wrapped up in his own thoughts to pay much attention to me when I tried to tell him about William and what happened this morning.

I called William's school as is typical for me when he is having a hard morning to give them a heads up on how he was coming in on the bus so they could be prepared for him and then went about my morning duties to get the twins ready for school all the while thinking of William and that tear stained face looking out of the window at me.

I called the school back to find out how he was doing and they told me he calmed down on the bus and was happy and smiling when he walking in this morning, relieved I went about loading the twins in the van and driving the short trip to their school, dropping them off, & doing the "Mom" duties the running a household of 5 children and 2 adults required all the while William on my mind and wondering what he was doing, and was he having a good day?

At 2pm I greeted William's bus and he jumped off happy and smiling and we walked inside and I got him settled down. I dug through his backpack and looked for the one thing that would answer all my questions about him for the day, his communications book. It was a black and white marble book that the teacher wrote in to let me know if they needed anything for him and how his day went and I wrote in it any questions or concerns I may have about William.

William had therpy today and he enjoyed a walk outside today and he ate well at lunch time , William had a good day today.

Those 4 words made my heart sing with joy, it was better then anything in the whole world as I weight lifed off my chest that had been there all morning long when I read that last sentence.

William Had A Good Day

No comments:

Post a Comment