Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My kids like to share , germs not toys

Well after I wrote my first blog yesterday shortly after I got a call from William's school to come get him as he was throwing up. Amanda (one of the twins) had it Friday and with no other sick kids in sight I thought we were safe by Monday when I sent them off to school, guess I was wrong.

Today William stayed home bundled up in his PJ'S and watching a movie & off to drop the twins at school I went while my 16 year old watched William. When I got back I decided to make the older guys brownies because with teenagers it is all about food with them ha ha.

Ring ring went the phone at 10:30 and as I saw on the caller ID that it was the twins nursery school I knew it couldn't be good. Dylan had a blow out (diaper couldn't hold the contents) so I had to pick him up from school. Oh boy guess they all shared this germ that was traveling about the household.

The problem with sick little guys is the care they require, they want to sit want their dinner at the end of the day, their clothes washed in washing machine , and don't quite understand why Mom cant do that kind of stuff. Which is why it is hard to have children on both ends ofwith them , stroke their hair and do the mom things with them that is fine but the older guys (16 & 19) still  the timeline , sure you can call take out to appease the dinner aspect but that can be costly especially when you have 5 children, and one hungry husband.

This mom is pretty smart though when I have been making my dinners lately I have been making more than enough and freezing part of the dinners so the days like today or if I got sick or couldn't or didn't want to cook I just take something out of the freezer and dinner is done and it is still a home made dinner at that!

I am trying to be smarter as I get older, and I do try hard to make sure that the older boys feel loved and included in things as well so don't feel like everything is about William or the twins. Even though they are in their late teens they still need their mommy and the need to feel special is something that doesn't die with age as we get older but may be something we just don't express as loudly as a small child does at times.

I am hoping by the next post I can express good health in the household , and that there is nothing but funny, or happiness to report!

have a good day

No comments:

Post a Comment